Erectile dysfunction (ED) can put on a lot of stress on both you and your partner. The reality is that it affects 40% of men by age 40. It’s just a part of life.
But it doesn’t mean the end of your sex life. There are plenty of treatments and aids that promote sexual recovery — with penis sleeves becoming a popular option.
The recent popularity begs the question, how effective are penis sleeves?
Learn everything to know about penis sleeves in this post including what they are and how to use them. You’ll also learn how people without ED use penis sleeves to improve their sex lives.
If you keep asking yourself whether a penis sleeve is right for you, this article can help. Keep reading until the very end.
What Is a Penis Sleeve?
A penis sleeve is an erectile dysfunction support device that makes it possible for a man with a flaccid penis to have penetrative sex. As the name implies, the device is worn over the penis to make it rigid.
Penis sleeves come in different styles and sizes to make sex more pleasurable for both the wearer and the partner. For example, there are penis sleeves that expose part of the penis so that men can feel the sensation a bit better. Advanced models would even vibrate to enhance the experience. 53% of women and 45% of men use vibrators during sex.
And while you can get realistic penis sleeves that are closer to your penis size, you have the option of wearing one for added length and girth.
Penis sleeves also go by different names including:
- Penis sheath
- Cock sleeve
- Penis extenders
- Penis enhancers
You can use penis sleeves as is. However, some will recommend that you apply water-based lubricant in and out of the device for the best results.
Who Uses Penis Sleeves?
Men who suffer from erectile dysfunction are the likeliest users. However, some men use penis sleeves even if they don’t have ED.
Others will wear penis sleeves and treat them as sex toys. Certain penis sleeves add girth and length. So it can be used as a penis extender. Using a penis sleeve can also boost the morale of men who don’t think they’re performing well in the bedroom.
So penis sleeve covers aren’t just for men with erectile dysfunction. You can use them even if you can maintain erections.
Can You Use a Penis Sleeve to Treat ED?
A penis sleeve isn’t a treatment for erectile dysfunction. But it does address some of the common symptoms that go along with it.
Penis sleeves offer men with ED a chance to have penetrative sex again without undergoing surgery, relying on medication like Viagra, or exploring longer term solutions to treat ED. Most penis sleeves are made from body-safe silicone so they won’t cause any issues for you or your partner.
As a sex toy, penis sheaths are easy to use. There are different designs and styles to choose from so you can pick which one to use depending on your partner’s preference.
The most popular penis sleeves have an adjustable harness around the waist or a stretchy hole called a scrotum ring or ball loop that you wrap around your testicles. Either option will secure the device in place.
The only barrier to using a penis sleeve is the awkwardness of introducing it to your partner. But if you talk about it in terms of being a sex toy and not a medical device, penis sleeves may bring both of you sexual pleasure.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Penis Sleeves
Why would someone want to use a penis sleeve to help with their sexual dysfunction? And why should someone stay away from it?
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of penis sleeves.
- They are widely available. You can buy them in shops where cock rings and other sex toys are sold. Some are even sold online.
- They are non-surgical alternatives. If you’re afraid of taking prescription meds or going under the knife, cock sheaths are a good option.
- They are customizable. If you want to add an extra inch or extra length for your partner’s benefit, it’s as simple as picking the right sleeve for the occasion.
- They are safe. There are no health risks to using a penis sleeve. You can even buy them without a prescription. But still be careful when using one for the first time.
- They are cheap. Penis sleeves cost less compared to other ED treatment options. However, high-end models will cost you more.
- They are a hassle. This is especially true if you’re a frequent flier. Carrying them around could result in awkward encounters with airport security, for example.
- They require an explanation. If your partner has never seen one before, you’ll have to explain yourself and make sure that the device is made from skin-safe silicone.
- They can stop you from ejaculating. There’s a reason why some men use sleeves for premature ejaculation. They will reduce sensation. So be prepared for it. Note that there are sleeves that only cover part of the penis for the user to get more sensation.
How to Use Penis Sleeves
Are penis sleeves effective? Yes, they are. But you’ll have to learn how to use them. Here’s a brief explanation of how to wear a penis sleeve before having sex.
- Buy the right penis sleeve. There are many styles to choose from. For example, some sleeves cover the entire penis. And others only partially cover the penis.
- Apply some lubricant. Apply water-based lubricant on your penis as well as the inside and outside of the sleeve.
- Place the loop around your testicles. Find the rubber loop and wrap it around your testicles.
- Insert your penis into the sleeve. Make sure that it’s a secure fit.
If the penis sleeve comes with a belt, make sure it’s fastened to your belt before having sex.
Jacksonville’s Leading ED Clinic Can Help Men Regain Their Sexual Vitality
Penis sleeves are a good option for diminishing the symptoms of ED, similar to ED medications like Viagra. But before buying one, make sure that it’s the ideal solution for your sexual health.
Why knows? Maybe weight loss is all you need to get your sex life back to normal. 79% of men with ED symptoms have a BMI of 25 kg/m2 or greater. Consult with a doctor to know what’s causing your ED. Targeting the root cause of your issues is better for you in the long run rather than simply addressing the symptoms of dysfunction.
If you’re having sexual health issues such as erectile dysfunction, contact Jacksonville’s Prime Men’s Medical Center now to schedule an appointment to have a consultation with their experienced and specially trained medical staff. We are a leading men’s clinic providing ED therapy, PE therapy, Low Testosterone therapy, RestoreWave therapy, hormone therapy, and much more.
Don’t miss out on any opportunities you can find to get the proper treatment and achieve a happy and fulfilling sex life. Give our team a call today to schedule your appointment.